|Name :||Dr. Farhana Gul (Agric. Economics)|
|Qualification(s) :||Ph.D. Agricultural Economics (University of Agriculture, Peshawar-Pakistan)|
|Qualification(s) :||M.Sc (Gold Med) (Agriculture Economics) The University of Agriculture, Peshawar|
|Qualification(s) :||Bsc (HONS) (Agriculture Economics) The University of Agriculture, Peshawar|
1. Ayesha Talib, Sajid Ali, Ismail Shah & Farhana Gul (2022) Time and magnitude monitoring using Weibull based Max-EWMA chart, Communications in Statistics - Simulation and Computation, DOI: 10.1080/03610918.2022.2145310
2. Khan, M. A., Adnan, M., Basir, A., Fahad, S., Hafeez, A., Subhan, F., Gul, F,... & Rahman, I. U. (2022). Impact of tillage and potassium levels and sources on growth, yield and yield attributes of wheat. Pak. J. Bot, 55, 1.
3. Alam, A., Tariq, M., Ikram Ul Haq, J. A., Adnan, M., Fahad, S., Ahmad, M., Gul, F.,... & Saleem, M. H. (2022). Co-application of Phosphorus and Sulfur Improve Yield, Quality, and Nutrients Uptake in Nicotiana tabaccum L. Philippine Agricultural Scientist, 105(1).
4. Ullah, I., Muhammad, D., Mussarat, M., Khan, S., Adnan, M., Fahad, S., Gul, F.,... & Solaiman, Z. (2022). Comparative effects of biochar and NPK on wheat crops under different management systems. Crop and Pasture Science.
5. Mahmood, A., Awan, M.I., Sadaf, S., Mukhtar, A., Wang, X., Fiaz, S., Khan, S.A., Ali, H., Muhammad, F., Hayat, Z. and Gul, F. (2022). Bio-diesel production of
sunflower through sulphur management in a semi-arid subtropical environment.
Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 29(9),13268-13278.
6. Ahmad, K., Din, Z. U., Ullah, H., Ouyang, Q., Rani, S., Jan, I., Ali, S., Khan, Durri Shahwar, Gul, F.,Ibrahim,M. & Nawaz, T. (2022). Preparation and Characterization of Bio?based Nanocomposites Packaging Films Reinforced with Cellulose Nanofibers from Unripe Banana Peels. Starch?Stärke, 74(5-6), 2100283.
7. Gul, F., Jan, D., & Ashfaq, M. (2019). Assessing the socio-economic impact of climate change on wheat production in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa,
Pakistan. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 26(7), 6576-6585. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11356-018-04109-7
8. Gul, F., Jan, D., & Ashfaq, M. (2019). Assessing the impact of climate change adaptation strategies on poverty rates of wheat farmers in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan. Sarhad J. Agric, 35, 442-448. DOI: 10.17582/journal.sja/2019/35.2.442.448
9. Gul, F., Ahmed, I., Ashfaq, M., Jan, D., Fahad, S., Li, X., ... & Shah, S. A. (2020). Use of crop growth model to simulate the impact of climate change on yield of various wheat cultivars under different agro-environmental conditions in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan. Arabian Journal of Geosciences, 13(3),
10. Fahad, M., Ahmad, I., Rehman, M., Waqas, M. M., & Gul, F. (2019). Regional Wheat Yield Estimation by Integration of Remotely Sensed Soil Moisture into a Crop Model. Canadian Journal of Remote Sensing, 45(6), 770-781. https://doi.org/10.1080/07038992.2019.1692651
11. Rehman, Z., A. Tabassum, S. Rani , F. Gul ,Q. A. Sultan, A. Khan, I. U. R, Arshad and S. Shah . (2016).Effect of Heating on Selected Brand of Oils Available in Peshawar. American- Eurasian J. Agric. & Environ. Sci. 16(2): 385-389
12. Arshad, M., M. Adnan, S. Ahmed, A. K. Khan, I. Ali, M. Ali, A. Ali, A. Khan, M. A. Kamal, F. Gul and M. A. Khan. (2016). Integrated Effect of Zinc and Phosphorous on Wheat Crop. American-Eurasian J. Agric. & Environ. Sci. 16(3): 455-459.
13. R. Ullah, K. H. Khan, Q. S. Safi, J. Shah and F. Gul. (2011). Profitability of Maize Production in District Charsadda: A Comparison of Conventional and Hybrid varieties. International Journal of Latest Trends in Agriculture and Food Sciences.
14. I. Khan, A. Jan, F. Gul, K. Ali, G .Ali, S. Ahmed and N. Ahmad.(2011) .Weed as a Major Constraint in Wheat Production in District Peshawar. Pakistan Journal of Weed Science. 17(4): 31-386.
15. Gul, F., and M.Ghaffar. (2014). Estimation of Household Demand for Milk in Kohat City. VFAST Transactions on Education and Social Sciences. 4(2): 1-6
BOOK CHAPTERS CONTRIBUTED
1. Ullah, R., F. Gul, and S. A. A. Naqvi. (2017). Impacts of Climate Change on Agriculture and Natural Environment: Need for collective Global Action. A book chapter published in ‘’ Principals of Agricultural and Resource Economics’’. 153-177
2. Ahmad, I., M.M.Waqas., F.Gul., and M.Mumtaz. (2021). Adapting Climate change and Variability for Current and Future Production Systems of Maize. A book chapter published in “Developing Climate – Resilient Crops”. 203-211.
3. Romman, M., R.Parvez., M. Adnan., F.Gul.,….&S.Hassan.(2023). Nitrogen Fixing Biofertilizers. A book chapter published in “ Biofertilizers for sustainable soil Management”. 233-254 by Taylor & Francis Press.
INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCES AND SHORT COURSES
1. Two days training workshop on “Micro Teaching Skills” December 11-12, 2013 held at University of Swabi.
2. Two days training workshop on “Quality and Quality Enhancement Cells” February 25- 26, 2014 held at HEC, Islamabad.
3. One day seminar on “Semester Examination System” June 4,2014 Held at University of Swabi in collaboration with HEC, Islamabad
4. Three days training on “AgMIP Mid Term Workshop Phase-II and training on TOAMD (Trade Off Analysis for Multidimensional Impact Assessment)” December 2022,2016 at University of Agriculture, Faisalabad.
5. Member of organizing committee of “Bio Safety Training Workshop for Young Researchers” arranged by University of Swabi in collaboration with NAYs (National Academy of Young Scientists).
6. Member of organizing committee of 1st Awareness Seminar on “The Role of IPRs in Promoting of Science and Technology” jointly organized by IPO Pakistan and University of Swabi. January 27, 2017.
7. Ten days Training Course on “Project Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Development of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).” From 2-12 May, 2017 held at Pakistan Planning and Management Institute PPMI, Islamabad.
8. Member of Organizing committee of 1st National Workshop on “Statistical Techniques for Agricultural, Biological and Environmental Sciences” organized by University of Swabi and sponsored by Higher Education Commission, Islamabad.
9. Three days International conference on “Climate Change: Threats to Agriculture and Food Security”. From 22-24 November 2017 held at The University of Agriculture, Peshawar.
10. Three days International conference on “Climate Change impacts on Agriculture and Food Supply”. From 24-26 April 2018 held at The University of Swabi, Swabi.
11. One day International Seminar on “Integration of Classical and Non-classical techniques to improve crop yields” on 19th September, 2018 held at The University of Swabi, Swabi.
12. One day international seminar on “Modern Techniques to Improve Crop Yields in Changing Climate” on April 4, 2019 at Department of Agriculture, Hazara university, Mansehra.
13. Two days Hand-on training on "Climate change impact assessment and adaptation strategies for wheat and groundnut production using decision support system" on 4-5 September, 2019 at Department of Agronomy, PMAS-Arid Agriculture University Rawalpindi.
14. One day National seminar on “ Bio-Organic Fertilizers for Sustainable Agriculture” on March 22, 2022 organized by Department of Agriculture at University of Swabi, Swabi.
15. Two days workshop on “ Paving Pathways to Social Cohesion” organized by Center for Research and Security Studies, Islamabad on 22-22 October 2022.
16. Member of Organizing committee of One Day Training Workshop on “Vermicomposting of Organic Wastes: Environment Friendly Approach for the Farmers and Scientific Community” held on December 22, 2022 and organized by University of Swabi and sponsored by Higher Education Commission, Islamabad.
17. Presented paper titled “Impact of climate Variability on Rice Productivity in Pakistan” in International Academic Studies Congress hosted by MNS University of Agriculture, Multan-Pakistan, held between 10-12 May,2023.
18. One Day workshop on”Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Youth Integrity, Leadership & Anticorruption Conference” organised by Transparency International at Serena hotel, Peshawar on August 8,2023.
Impact assessment of climate change and variability using crop modeling and machine learning techniques in agriculture sector. Development of mitigation, adaptations and climate smart interventions in different cropping systems. Economic modelling using TOA-MD approach.