Mission and Vision
- To accommodate students aspiring to pursue comprehensive and innovative degrees in Sociology.
- To arouse students' enthusiasm for knowledge in various theoretical, methodological and practical aspects of the discipline of sociology.
- To create awareness and understanding of the social causes and consequences of human behavior in groups, including organizations, societies, and various cultures.
- To impart high quality sociological education to enable them to contribute in the social development by utilizing sociological insight, theories, knowledge and skills.
- To promote quality sociological research to enable student to translate research investigations into practical research design for output generation that will enhance understanding of social phenomena.
- To provide conceptual resources and perspectives to equip students with professional skills and knowledge in the sphere of sociology to address social problems and crucial issues by employing special sociological expertise.
- To create awareness about how public perception can shape government policy and how social institutions in turn can influence people’s lives
- To provide strong support to the government and non-government organizations to involved in various activities of the development and improvement of the society in the Swabi region in particular and other areas of Khyber Pukhtoonkhwa in general.
- Displaying an understanding of and appreciation for cultural diversity and different ethnic, religious, racial, economic backgrounds, and sexual identities; and to share the importance of respect for the dignity of all humankind..
- To produce high quality and highly trained sociologists that are committed to pursuit of excellence, and are endowed with vision, and dedication to play dynamic role in the social development through a better understanding of the needs of the people.